During a recent Google search for “bioinformatics” and “bioinformatics companies”, I noticed that only one bioinformatics company from the list at kduggets.com showed up on the first page of the organic search results (not including pay per click ads). Well done Premier Biosoft. Internet marketing for a bioinformatics companies can be challenging.
I hope my findings will inspire the companies listed below to work on their internet marketing. Improving that process will put your company in front of the people who are already searching for your product or service (or a similar product/service). Improved online marketing will translate to more leads and customers for you! Here are three tips to get started.
1) Content creation. Get found online by creating quality online content that solves a problem for your target market and leads them back to your website.
2) Start with your blog. Start creating this content on your blog and posting regularly, at least 1x/week. Integrate keywords for your target market into the content so that it can get found by search engines, ranked on the first page of a search, and ultimately viewed by your target market.
The following is an incomplete list of bioinformatics companies from www.kdnuggets.com. I chose this list because none of the other lists I found had direct links to the company websites.
- Accelrys, the leader in simulation and informatics software for the pharmaceutical and chemicals process industries (formerly MSI).
- BioDiscovery, an established company providing comprehensive software solutions exclusively for gene expression research bioinformatics.
- Biomax Informatics provides computational solutions for decision making and knowledge management in the life science industry.
- CeleraScienceprovides genomic data and analysis tools based on a robust delivery.
- Cellomics(R), automating drug discovery through a unique, cell-based product platform that combines ultra high throughput primary screening with complete systems for high content screening, including bioinformatics
- CLC bio, bioinformatics software and consulting for DNA, RNA and protein analysis, focusing on custom data analysis and specialized bioinformatics algorithms.
- diaDexus, diaDexus has utilized genomics and bioinformatics to identify thousands of disease-associated molecular targets. San Francisco, CA
- DNAnexus, a cloud-based platform that enables sequencing centers and scientists to perform analyses, visualize results and manage next-generation DNA sequencing data – all from any web browser.
- EraGen Biosciences, has patents and tools in interpretive proteomics, DNA diagnostics, and pharmacogenomics, including MasterCatalog™ proteomics data mining platform. Madison, WI
- Expression Analysis, providing total Affymetrix GeneChip® microarray processing and analysis.
- Gene Network Sciences, creates dynamic computer models of living cells and next generation data-mining tools for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- Genelogic, offering gene expression databases derived from clinically important tissues.
- Genetics Squared, offering genetic programming-based tools for Bioinformatics.
- Genomatix, offering PromoterInspector on-line tool for prediction of mammalian promoters; MatInspector for for the identification of transcription factor binding sites in genomic DNA; and other tools.
- Genome Therapeutics, focused for commercialization of genomics-based pharmaceutical and diagnostic products
- Human Genome Sciences, pioneer in the use of genomics, the study of human genes, and the development of new pharmaceutical products. Has 6 drugs in human clinical trials. Headquarters: Baltimore, MD, USA.
- IFXworks, Scientific Informatics Solutions, Dulles, VA, USA.
- Incyte Pharmaceuticals – providing genomic databases, bioanalysis software, biological reagents, and microarray services.
- Language and Computing, offers information analysis, document mining, information retrieval and extraction, and terminology management solutions to healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
- Metalife, offering many tools for automation of functional analysis of biological data, including visualization and text mining of scientific literature.
- NextGen Sciences, developing technology platforms for genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics
- Ocimum Biosolution, offering lab information and knowledge management systems, genomics, proteomics, bioinformatics and custom contract services (India and USA).
- PharmaDMis a global enabler of Discovery Informatics, i.e. the combination of bio-, chemo- and clinical informatics
- PREMIER Biosoft, molecular biology software for PCR, real time PCR, microarray design, glycan mass fingerprinting and molecular cloning. Headquarters: Palo Alto, CA, USA.
- Qlucore, offers Qlucore Omics Explorer which delivers instant feedback, stunning continuous 3D visualization, point and click user interface and state of the art statistical analysis.
- Reel Two, providing text and data mining solutions for pharmaceutical and biotech companies. Headquarters: San Francisco.